SIBANTUBANYE SPECIAL SCHOOL
OUR CORE VALUES
The centre is in Nguboyenja suburb and is the only special school in Bulawayo’s high density suburbs (GPS Co-ord 20 08 490’ South 28 33.878’)
The centre was registered to enroll 80 learners. The centre utilization rate of the centre is around 100%. In 2017 and 2018 we exceeded 100% utilization rate.
The school follows and modifies the national competence driven curriculum but giving emphasizes to self-help skills, basic numeracy and basic literacy. We positively modify our learners’ behaviour. Learners are actively involved in co- curricular activities, educational tours, projects and practical work. The school has a rabbit project, chicken project and a nutrition garden. The school was represented in the 2019 Disability expo.
Learners take part in soccer, tag rugby, athletics, netball, bochi and volleyball. We have taken part in Danhiko games, annual Paralympics, special Olympics, Zimcare Trust games and ASSAF series. Athletes scooped medals in these tournaments.
- An individual with basic numeracy and basic literacy skills.
- An individual who can function in the community to the best of their ability.
- An individuals who have a healthy concept of himself/herself
- An individual who can contribute to socio economic transformation of the country to the best of his ability
- An individual olobuntu/anehunhu.
- Some of our graduates were employed in the formal sector.
- A graduate from the school is a proud owner of a house.
- Low staff turnover.
- Projects with learners taking part.
- Imparting practical skills to learners.
- Successfully conducting educational tours.
- Giving learners lunch.
- Offering guidance and counseling to learners and the school has a child protection policy.
OUR WISH LIST
- To have a 35 seater bus
- Drilling a borehole
- Constructing a standard practical workshop for practical classes.
- Constructing a computer lab
- Constructing a strong room
- Constructing a fish pond for fish farming